CF Bimetal Flanges
LOS Vacuum Products Bimetal ConFlat flanges offer users the unique ability to harness the properties of two different metal alloys in their UHV or XHV processes. LOS bimetal flanges utilize the explosion bonding process to join dissimilar metals resulting in superior metal bonding. Bimetal CF flange options include stainless steel to 6061-T6 aluminum and grade 2 titanium to 6061-T6 aluminum.
Discover our Bimetal CF Flanges Options:
Harness the advantages of stainless steel combined with 6061-T6 aluminum for supreme durability and versatility in your vacuum applications.
- Corrosion Resistance: The fusion of 304 stainless steel and 6061-T6 aluminum provides excellent resistance to corrosion, making these flanges ideal for applications in corrosive environments or when dealing with reactive gases.
- High Strength: 304 stainless steel contributes to the flange’s high strength, ensuring it can withstand demanding vacuum conditions and mechanical stresses.
- Thermal Conductivity: With the inclusion of aluminum, these flanges exhibit superior thermal conductivity, facilitating efficient heat transfer in vacuum systems and maintaining stable operating temperatures.
Experience enhanced corrosion resistance and superior strength with 316 stainless steel and 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Superior Corrosion Resistance: The addition of molybdenum in 316 stainless steel enhances its corrosion resistance, making these flanges highly resistant to aggressive chemicals and halide-containing environments.
- Mechanical Integrity: 316 stainless steel offers exceptional mechanical properties, ensuring the flanges can withstand high-pressure differentials and maintain their structural integrity.
- Hydrogen Compatibility: These flanges are particularly well-suited for hydrogen-related applications due to their low susceptibility to hydrogen embrittlement
Empower your processes using titanium and aluminum bimetal flanges to provide exceptional lightweight and robust solutions.
- Lightweight: The combination of grade 2 titanium and 6061-T6 aluminum results in a lightweight flange option, minimizing the overall weight of vacuum systems without compromising on strength.
- High Strength-to-Weight Ratio: Despite their lightness, Ti-Al bonded flanges maintain a remarkable strength-to-weight ratio, making them suitable for aerospace and space research applications.
- Non-Magnetic Property: Titanium is non-magnetic, which is crucial in applications where magnetic interference must be minimized, such as in electron microscopy and certain scientific experiments.
- High-Radiation Tolerance: The low-Z number of titanium is advantageous for environments with high radiation levels, making it an ideal choice over stainless steel.