System Safety - UHV Burst Disks
ANCORPs UHV burst disk is designed for our customers who require protection from accidental over-pressurization of their vacuum systems. The ASME UD certified overpressure burst disk, high-pressure burst disk, and low-pressure burst disk feature all-metal stainless steel construction designed for ultra-high vacuum (UHV) applications.
Vacuum systems are normally rated for an external load of one atmosphere and should not be exposed to excess positive pressure. For this reason, ANCORP has designed a line of burst disks that help to prevent the accidental pressurization of a vacuum system. ANCORP burst disks are connected using ConFlat (CF) metal seal flanges. Sizes include CF133 or CF275 flanges. Gas recovery port connections are available in CF338 or QF50 flanges.
- The ASME overpressure burst disk is ASME UD certified to be 10CFR851 compliant and will activate if the pressure inside a of a vacuum system reaches 11.5 PSIG.
- The low-pressure burst disk is designed to be ISO 4126-2 compliant and will activate if the pressure increases to 5 PSIG.
- The high-pressure burst disk provides protection from 0 to 25 PSIG.
The burst disk membrane is scored to prevent fragmenting upon rupture, thus protecting personnel and equipment from harm. However, once the disk has ruptured it is no longer usable and must be replaced.
- Stainless steel body and disk membrane
- Bakeable to 450°C
- Protects sensitive components from accidental over-pressurization
- Protects personnel from harm
- Protects equipment from costly damage and down-time
- Optional gas recovery system to prevent gases escaping into the atmosphere
- Compact design with no moving parts
- ASME UD Certified to be 10CFR851 compliant
- Low-pressure burst disk designed to be ISO 4126-2 compliant
- CF133 or CF275 metal seal flange connections (CF338 or QF50 for gas recovery ports)
- The scored membrane prevents fragmentation upon rupture